Luke (in the most casual, nonchalant voice possible): Mama, you know what?
Me: What?
Luke: I don't think I like you anymore. I just like Grandma Tammie.
Huh? How am I supposed to reply to that? There was no malice in his tone, no defiance, just the statement of a fact, pure and simple. Bless his little heart...or should I bless mine?
6 comments:
Your kids are the most hilarious! I have got to meet them in person. I know I fizzled out last time, but I would really love to get together. I will call you. Or call me. I am seriously cracking up about Luke telling you he only likes your Mom. Too funny.
Jamie!
I ran into your mom and dad over the weekend and discovered that I kinda sorta know your sister-in-law, Rebekah. (We are "internet" friends-- I'll explain that later.) Anyway, I want to start a book club soonish (like January because of the holidays) and want to have a little get together in the next couple of weeks so we can plan things.
Send me your email. I know Heidi has your number, but I'll send out info this way, too.
--Ashley Durham
(ashdurham@gmail.com)
I guess I am a little offended that he likes Grandma the most too! What do you have to do to get a kid to like you the best? haha! His humor never ceases to amaze me! I love him so much and I laugh at him all the time. What a crackup!
He is such a cute little boy! Little kids say the funniest things. I am sure that made your mom's year.
How could anyone be offended by that face? just wait, next week you'll be his fav!
I haven't been looking at blogs in such a long time. Yours is my total favorite. I love all of your stories that you remember to write down. I really need to start doing that. I was laughing so hard at the pic of Ben crossing the finish line. So great!
Post a Comment