Anna said our prayer tonight before she went to bed just after I told her we'd be going downtown tomorrow to the top of a very tall building where we'd have a view of the entire city. Hence, her prayer went as follows:
Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for today. Please bless that tomorrow will be funner than usual. Please bless that we won't fall off any buildings and kill ourselves. Help us to be safe. Amen.
Seriously. Is her "usual" really that bad?
Yes, I'm posting about a silly prayer when much bigger and more significant has occurred since my last post, namely a new human being who we love and adore has entered the world and has this entire family wrapped around his pudgy little finger. It's so overwhelming to even start such an important post when I'm almost four months late and blogworld's worst blogger. So I decided to start with something 100% insignificant...tonight's prayer.
More to come (hopefully) on Owen Christopher, or in Anna's words, our "tiny little creature." He's a delight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Welcome back to blogging!! It is great to read something from your house and hear Anna's cute prayer. I hope your tall building activity was an adventure. We've met another little friend here named Lucas and we think of you guys! :) Hope the three kids and you guys are doing great. Hugs from the big apple! :)
I could listen to stories about your kids all day long. Anna is such a goof! I love love love her!
Jamie - welcome back!! Congratulations on your bundle of joy - get blogging, I want to see the wee man! LOVE his name!!
Congrats on your little guy. i can't wait to see pictures. i love anna's prayer-- she cracks me up everytime.
Hey Jame,
I've never heard Anna's prayer. I guess you save some things for the blog to see if I actually check it. WEll, I do. Love ya, MOM
Wow! Congrats. I didn't even know little owen was coming! I'm a loser friend. Love you guys! post some pics! and, come to logan to visit over thanksgiving break. i love holding new babies.
I miss you guys... Hope to see you SOON!
Jamie, I don't know how I stumbled across your blog! We haven't talked to you guys since the 21st N. Ward baby shower at my house for Anna! Wow, that was forever ago. Hope you're doing great. Your kids are cute!
bluedoorwindow.blogspot.com
I think some of your funniest stories come from the kid's prayers. So keep up the good work!!!!!
Post a Comment